Book Discussion Groups
Hinsdale Public Library offers customized support to your book discussion group.
Books, Books, Books
Hinsdale Public Library cardholders can reserve multiple copies of books for their book groups. Call us at 630-986-1976 or email us with the author, title, your name, the name of your book group, and the date your group is meeting. We’ll do our best to make sure you have enough copies for everyone in your group, but current bestsellers and titles with many reserves may not be readily available.
Reading Group Toolkits
We’ll pull together author information, book reviews, and sample discussion questions for any book that your group chooses. Call us at 630-986-1976 or email us with the author, title, your name, and the date your group is meeting. Please give us a week’s notice if you can. Reading Group Toolkits are free but there is a nominal charge for printing.
Book Discussions in a Bag
If you participate in a book club, you probably know that your Hinsdale Public Library is happy to order multiple copies of your choices and make them available to book club members to check out. You might not know that we also have multiple copies of books that have proved popular with book groups. Book Discussions in a Bag consist of 12 copies of popular book discussion books and a Reading Group Toolkit to help inform and guide your discussion. Email Jo Ann to reserve a Book Discussion in a Bag for your group!
The complete list of available Book Discussions in a Bag follows:
Schedule a librarian to come speak to your book club, community or church group, or social meeting. We will tailor the presentation to suit your needs; we can even lead your book discussion on an occasional basis. Some sample topics include:
- Book Club Best Bets: Hand-picked suggestions for books that are certain to spark lively discussions
- New and Notable: The scoop on recent releases, tomorrow’s bestsellers and great books you may have missed
- Book Discussion 101: Tips and tricks on leading and having effective book discussions
So many books, so hard to decide! Use these lists to help you choose your next book discussion book.
- New and Notable for Book Discussions 2010
- New and Notable for Book Discussions 2009
- New and Notable for Book Discussions 2008
- Your Next Good Read: Hinsdale Public Library’s booklists
- Fiction-L Booklists: Lists on every topic, courtesy of the Morton Grove Public Library and the members of Fiction-L