Supporting our schools, students, and parents is an important part of the Library’s mission. Contact us any time @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Loans and Assignment Alerts
Need books to use with your students at school?
Let us know what you are studying and we will select books for your topic and grade level (approximately 10-25, depending on the subject). You can come to the Library to review and check them out. Keep them for three or six weeks, using a valid library card from any public library in Illinois.
Call us or fill out this easy material request/project notification form.
Our staff is happy to visit your school or welcome your class to the library. Some programming options include:
- A Library tour highlighting our services and collection
- Student research instruction, including online databases
- Help with special projects -we will collect relevant materials and help answer questions
- Booktalks about new books or books on a certain theme
- Literature based programs (storytelling, poetry, etc.)
- Help you run a “Battle of the Books” event at your school
- Set up a library display or give information to distribute at a school function (Open House, Parent-Teacher conferences, etc.)
- Teacher in-service on topics relating to library services and materials
- Another idea you might have!
Customized Book Lists
We already have many recommended book lists for different ages and genres. We can also create a customized bibliography for your classroom needs or assignments. In addition to books, we can include appropriate databases, reference books, and quality websites.
Ellison Die Cut Machine
Bring your own paper and choose from many shapes, from an apple to a car to a wizard.
Our large format picture books are available for checkout by teachers.
Let us know about your materials, project, or visit needs: