Friends of the Library
If you enjoy–and appreciate–your Hinsdale Public Library, you’re already one of us: A friend of the Library. And now is a good time to make it official: to join the special group of Friends who spell the word with a capital F: The Friends of the Hinsdale Library.
This organization is small, friendly, and inviting. Our mission is simple: to help our Library maintain and improve the quality of life in our Village. We raise funds through contributions and memberships. All of the money we raise goes to the Library, and here are two recent examples:
- Our special contributions have helped the Library provide public-access computers with free access to the Internet for both children and adults, and
- We have helped fund the Young Adults Service Area–a special lounging and learning center for teens.
Every year we make it possible for the Library to provide:
- The Helen O’Neill Scholarship Award for Library pages
- Give-away books at the Independence Day Parade
- Support for new technologies, programs and materials
You can help! We invite you to join the Friends of the Library by filling out the New Member Form. Mail or bring it to the Library–together with your check, of course. Individual memberships are $20 and family memberships are $25.
Or you can join and pay online.
Shop through Amazon and Support the Friends!
Shopping this holiday season through Amazon? Now you can support the Friends when you do! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Friends of the Hinsdale Library whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. (AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know: same products, same prices, same service, with a way to make an impact on a charity of your choosing.)
Friends of the Library Board Members
Chuck Simanek, President
Jack Marringa, Treasurer/Secretary
Karen Kleckner Keefe
Molly Castor, Marketing & Outreach Manager
NOTE: All inquiries can be sent to the Hinsdale Public Library at Friends@HinsdaleLibrary.info or by calling 630.570.4000