System Maintenance, December 3-5
This will affect our catalog and checkout system in the following ways:
- The catalog will be in “view-only” mode, which means you will not be able to login to your account, place holds, or renew items online during this time. Call 630.986.1976 for assistance in placing a hold.
- You must have your library card to checkout and renew items at the Library during this time. We will not be able to look up library card numbers by name.
- We will not be able to issue or renew library cards during this time.
- Items returned during this time will not be checked in immediately, so they may appear on your card for a few days. These items are not accruing fines.
No materials are due on the full-day closings.
Saturday, December 24
Sunday, December 25
Saturday, December 31 at 1:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 1
Winter Art Exhibit
The People of Havana
by Gary Niederpruem
Thursday, January 12, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Meet the artist and view his work at this open house.
Hoopla Digital Media
Borrow free video, music, and audiobooks with your Hinsdale Public Library card. Enjoy on your PC, tablet, or phone. Visit hoopladigital.com to get started.
This service is made possible with generous support from the Hinsdale Public Library Foundation.
Borrow a Nook, Kindle, or iPad
Barnes & Noble Nook and Amazon Kindle eReaders and Apple iPads are available for checkout! The eReaders come with preloaded content and the iPads come with preloaded apps. Search the catalog by title to see if a particular one is available on the eReaders.
- 4 Nooks available
- 3 Kindle Fires and 1 Kindle Touch available
- 1 iPad Mini and 1 iPad 2 available
- 2 week checkout (no renewals)
- Available for Hinsdale card holders 18+
Enjoy your eReader with FREE eBooks from the Library!
Did you know that your Hinsdale library card gives you free access to a growing collection of eBooks? Visit our eBook catalog to start searching. Need help? Select the OverDrive Help button for detailed instructions for your particular device. Need more hands-on assistance? Call the Adult Services department at 630.986.1982 to schedule a one-on-one instruction session.
Borrow a MacBook Pro Laptop at the Library!
MacBooks are available for in-house checkout at the Adult Services Desk. They are also installed in Youth Services for children’s use. All of the MacBooks are loaded with iWork and Office for Mac software.
Contact Adult Services at 630.986.1982 or email@example.com.
Library Mobile App
Search the Hinsdale Public Library from your phone or mobile device. Visit hpl.boopsie.com on your mobile device or search Hinsdale Public Library in your app store.
Use the catalog:
* Search for books, movies and music
* See what’s on shelf
* Reserve items
Manage your account:
* Renew items
* Check reserve status
* Double-check due dates
Get Library information:
* Library hours
* Upcoming programs
* Contact us
* Checkout HPL items with BookCheck
Thank you for making the Library your community destination,
Karen Kleckner Keefe, Executive Director
|Hinsdale Public Library
20 East Maple Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
Map & Directions
|P: (630) 986-1976
F: (630) 986-9654
Text “hinsdale” to 66746
For deaf and speech
over the telephone, dial
711 for Illinois Relay services.
9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.